MUST READ APPEAL.
Most people don’t understand that the lock down is in place to slow the progression of the disease, NOT to eradicate it by end of May.
I think people are missing the point because they naively think the government will somehow get rid of it so life goes back to normal. These are people who have ignored the global reality since January.
This is the dangerous delusional thinking that some people are applying in their assessment of the situation when advocating we should stop the lockdown because they are literally only waking up to this thing now, or when we were initially shut down. So let’s lift the curtain a bit.
1. Flattening the curve means slowing down the disease so that hospitals can cope with the sick. It does not mean eradicating the disease all together.
2. No government will be able to eradicate the disease within next few months of this year. This Virus 🦠 is here to boomerang until a cure or a vaccine is found.
3. A vaccine is at least a year away. That’s April 2021. The earliest vaccine trials just started late last month. It takes 12-18 months to make, test and assess the efficacy of a vaccine. So One year is literally a Hail Mary.
4. Currently our MOH & NCDC Teams are trying their best to treat the existing cases with best possible available line of treatment.
5.There is NO going back to normal. Your normal will not exist for at least a year. Economies globally will keep bleeding and we are likely to have rolling periodic lockdowns until a vaccine is found.
6. Even when the ban is lifted, tourism and hospitality industry, and many others will not see an increase in business for at least a year. Until a vaccine is found, people will continue to self-isolate even when a lock down is lifted.
7. The only reprieve we are going to get is if we have thousands of people who have been infected and recovered and minimum deaths so that we have some level of herd immunity. Secondly, Plasma Donation of People who have recovered very well with Enough Antibodies. That is also still a theory. Trials are yet to be proven because some countries think they may be seeing people get reinfected. Even with that in place, absolute normal is not feasible because fear still reigns and people will remain isolated until safety is guaranteed- With cure or vaccine. Refer to point 3.
8. The above is still 6 months away. We are projected to reach our peak in Next 2-3 months. That means—bleeding economy, rolling lockdowns, Unfortunate Loss of Lives and Uncertainty Of Businesses.
9. For now, I strongly recommend to take all Precautions. As prophylaxis, you must take lemon 🍋, ginger, garlic, tulsi leaves 🍁, turmeric powder in hot water or hot milk 🥛 every day to boost your weak immunity significantly.
They’re Time Tested & Proven Ancient Remedy for Virus 🦠 and parasitic infestations.
10. Last and Important Reality. People will get infected and Cured Successfully Soon.
Can we ensure as responsible citizen, not to label them with stigma of covid man or corona woman?
Similarly, Can YOU Appreciate and Encourage All Healthcare Workers and Medical Professionals, Who are our Frontline Warriors & Real Superheroes in this Global Crisis?
Now, our government is doing the best it can and they have reacted faster than most developed countries. Our progress is still better than most Advanced Nations.
We all need to do whatever we can do to help our neighbours, help each other, support the under privileged in our community and Follow our government MOH Guidelines and stop having delusional ideas about any level of normalcy at the end of this month .
This is not a Joke and the crisis is not even anywhere near any semblance of real yet.
Normal is dead. Let that sink in very well.
But hope is very much alive…!!
God Bless you.
God Bless Nigeria 🇳🇬
With Best Wishes from –
Rotarian Chief Anil Grover
MD / CEO – GMDL.
Dr. Adeyemo Olusola is a medical graduate of Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ogun State, Nigeria along with certificate in advanced diploma in Principles of Nutrition, Management and Leadership, Dublin and Certificate in Global Health from London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. He is an avid reader of books from different oases of life, expert in Medical Statistics and an award winner at both local and international level. “So many a time, I have seen people die avoidable death because of lack of knowledge or information, falling victim of fate. There is then a necessity laid on us to help arm our society to the teeth, as a healthy society cannot be detached from an informed one. Hence, there is need for healthgist.net. We hope you will have a wonderful stay on our website.”