Weight loss as a thing of concern in our society refers the reduction in body weight that the body is made to undergo owning to the highly deposited fluid or fat. In other words, weight loss can also be occasioned by the lean mass of mineral deposits present in bones, muscles and tendons. In a nutshell, weight loss can both be intentional and a complication in the body system.
Weight loss has been a great concern to people with massive body weight. Some in a bid to jump over the hurdle have resorted to being fastidious by skipping meals, thinking that is the most effective way of working out a weight loss, thereby making themselves patients of anorexia nervosa. In another case, some have even resigned to fate.
If I may burst your bubble, trimming your waistline does not start from going on hunger strike. You don’t need to be hard on yourself before bringing your body to the desired shape.
THESE ARE TEN THINGS THAT ARE RECOMMENDED
- Make up your mind to start a new lifestyle, even if it requires that you break away from your old habits.
- It has been observed that a regular exercise cannot not only make you burn fat but can also make you fit.
- Increase in the fibre intake such as vegetable and fruits like mangoes could be of help in regulating the bowel movement.
- There should be a discouragement in the intake of processed foods which are considered to be high in saturated fat, sugar and salt.
- The consumption of much sugar should be discouraged because its intake could raise the level of the blood sugar and that can inadvertently increase its storage as fat.
- Taking more water is considered to be the easiest and quickest way of cutting down calories.
- It is advisable to serve meals in small dishes. Psychologically, it helps you to eat less and makes you feel satisfied early enough but when served in bigger plates attention may be on gobbling down the whole meal which at times may not help the matter.
- Be mindful of your carting in food stores.
- Cook your own food yourself and steer clear of food vendors because of their cooking process which may not be helpful to your status.
- Bariatric surgery could be gone for. This operation helps in reducing the size of the stomach as affecting the food consumption. Hence, the counsel of a physician should be sought as it carries its risks.
In other to ensure a permanent weight loss, conscious efforts should be made in the process because the body may revert into its former state if the culture is not maintained. Hence, it becomes a permanent state if the consciousness becomes a habit.
He is a graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria.
Yomi Adeyemo is an educationist whose passion lies in enlightening the society- making the unknown known. His hobbies are reading, writing and being around people.